Blogger's Quilt Festival Fall 2011


So I've never participated in Amy's Quilt Festival before but figured why not? So here I am :)


I decided to share my Good Folks quilt which I started in March 2009. It took forever to finish it. Especially since I only have made 4 quilts in my lifetime so I am extremely slow once it gets to the quilting and binding part.


I never did blog or upload photos on this particular quilt when it was finished. Not sure why because I do love it. I am curious to see what it does in the first wash though. It's been folded on the corner of our couch forever.


I did a disappearing 9 patch pattern and random free motion quilting. I love Anna Maria's fabric lines they are so rich and give a cozy feeling.


At least I was prepared with this fabric line and still have enough left over for possibly another quilt. Maybe for next years festival!  :)

Click here or the button at the top to visit the festival and see other lovely quilts.


9 comments:

  1. Very pretty. Love the jewel tones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I love your quilt! All those colourful fabrics are so beautiful - pattern with 9 patches is good! And your sewing assistant is so sweet! x Teje

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. What a rich and stunning
    quilt. :o) Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a beautiful quilt! Perfect pattern to show off those treasured Good Folks fabrics. I love how the quilting looks too. Fab!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful use of Anna's fabrics. I find her prints never disappoint, no matter how I use them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those fabrics are awesome! I love the color combo and the pattern is a good way to highlight the many fabrics.

    Mary
    http://www.quiltgenius.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful!

    (just fyi, i clicked to go to your website from the link on ravelry, but it was a deadlink "blogger.com" instead of blogspot.)

    have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete