Leaving the Farmer's Wife..and my new repulsion to the aqua/red combo



I hate to say it, but I got bored with the Farmer's Wife Quilt-a-long. The problem is not the actual quilt-a-long but my bad choice of fabric. I should have gone the scrappy route like most people but I thought having it all in a fabric line I love with matching colors was going to be great.
I guess I forgot about my short attention span and no longer like red & aqua or even want a quilt out of this fabric. So as I sat in my sewing chair staring at all these red & aqua blocks that really look almost exactly alike I decided to split them up for small projects.
Pincushions and lavender sachets are what became of most of them.
As I was looking for buttons for one though I discovered these metal things I had squirreled away, so I made a little coin pouch.



I was excited because I could practice using my new serger which honestly somewhat scares me. More on that later though.


I think it turned out really cute! In fact I want to make some more of them once I find out where to buy those metal pieces.
I'll be back soon with my serger review for sewing pattern review.com and my new patchwork skirt!! Think Anna Maria......again :)

1 comment:

  1. Great way to repurpose your blocks! I love the adorable little pin cushion and lavender sachet - just the right dose of red and aqua!

    ReplyDelete