Echino Bag


Hi friends! It's been a busy this week but I managed a little bit of time in the loft. I have had Rae's buttercup bag pattern for a long time and finally decided to make one.
I used Echino for the handles and outside fabric.


And a Soul Blossom print by Amy Butler for the inside.

I love the little pleats and how the cute bird is poking out. I wanted the bird in the center but with a fat quarter I didn't get enough fabric to fussy cut him.

Still, I love how this bag came out and it's perfect for every day toting around. Also I realized how much I love sewing with Echino fabric. My machine loves linen.
If you haven't made one of these bags yet I really think you should! The pattern is easy, fun, and FREE! :).
 

2 comments:

  1. Your new bag is beautiful! Adore the fabrics you put together. I have never worked with Echino fabrics, so now I'm off to find some.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Staci,
    I love your new bag! The fabrics are gorgeous! It will look great with the charm that I need to send you! Please email me with your address, so I can send it out to you!
    Gigi

    ReplyDelete